The Perform web portal is a platform for Administrators to manage courses/devices and view Learner performance. Open the portal in a web browser at promisevr.com. (Supported browsers are Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.)
There are three types of users: Admins, Instructors, and Learners
- Admins: have complete access to all classes and can manage devices, device groups, and all users within an organization.
- Instructors: can access the web portal and experiences, create classes, add and remove Learners and other Instructors, and view performance for all classes they can access.
- Learners: can access assigned classes and if they’ve been added to a class that has code-based learner identification enabled, they will be able to login and see their performance data. They cannot create classes, invite other Learners, or see group performance.
We will discuss the following topics:
- Class & User Setup
- Device Management
- Performance Tracking
Class & User Setup
Select a class name to begin or select Add Class to create a new class.
- When adding a new class, first choose a module. The module menu is populated based on the modules available to your organization.
- Provide a class name which should make sense to both Learners and instructors. The class can be renamed at any time.
- When picking class names, we recommend including the experience title and considering the overall structure of your organization. For example, class names could be organized by location, event, or department.
Once the class is saved, you can open it and start adding Learners and other Instructors.
Adding Instructors and Learners
- Instructors and Learners can be added to any class.
- Enter individual email addresses or paste in multiple emails separated by commas.
- New users will get an email with a link to access the portal. Their status shows Invitation Sent until they have accessed the portal the first time.
- Click the kebab menu to the right of a user’s name and select Remove from class. Access is removed for both the immersive learning app and the portal. Users can be added again at any time.
- Admins can be added by anyone with Admin privileges.
- On the My Classes page, there is a Users section. Click Add Admin.
- Enter the Admin's email address and click Save.
- Learner IDs can be added to any module by selecting the kebab menu next to the class name and choosing “Change Learner Identification Mode.” From there, select Learner Code Login or Learner Email Login. We recommend Learner ID for VR devices due to the difficulty of typing in VR.
- An Instructor uses Perform to register a Learner by adding their email address, which sends an email to the Learner.
- Learner codes are visible next to each email address.
- If a Learner doesn’t have their code, they can alternatively enter their email address to start the experience.
Devices can be added to the Perform portal through two methods:
- Using perform to send a registration email to the user
- Doing it live with an Admin by entering a four-digit code directly into the portal
Adding Modules to Devices
Modules can either be assigned directly to Device Groups or directly to devices that are Ungrouped. It is generally better to assign devices to groups so that content downloads immediately. Content must be manually assigned to an ungrouped device after it is registered, which may require an app restart for content to begin downloading.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose the modules that should be added to the devices. Each module must be assigned individually.
- On the Device Management page, ungrouped devices and device groups will show the modules that are assigned to them.
- When editing a Device/Device Group, you can click on the kebab menu to the right of a module name and select “disable” if you would like to remove content with the option of easily adding it back later. Otherwise, content must be re-added from the module list if it is removed.
The Performance screen provides detailed metrics on the progress and performance of each class and Learner to help identify not only who is engaged and doing well, but more importantly identify who is struggling and where in the module they need help. Instructors can export detailed data in spreadsheet format.
Learner Level Tracking
Each Learner who entered a valid code or email address will have session data available in the export file available on the Performance analytics page in Perform. Be sure to apply the relevant module and Class filter settings in order for the export to show the data you are looking for. The export only shows the data represented by the filters on the Performance page.
How to remove users
- Click the icon to the right of a user’s name and select Remove from class. Access is removed for both the immersive learning app and the portal. Users can be added again at any time.
How to move users from one class to another
- Remove the user from their current class, then add them to a new class. Or add them to the new class first, then remove them from the old class. Either order of operations has the same result. Users can be associated with multiple classes.
How to reset a password
- Visit promisevr.com and select the Forgot Your Password? link to reset your password.
What should I do if I want to track usage across locations?
- Some organizations use Classes as time-based cohorts (compare the generally same group of Learners across two Classes representing two different time periods to keep the data organized separately). In contrast, other organizations will use Classes for other purposes (like location).
- Customers can also use Device Groups to handle locations, instead of Classes, but that should only be done if those devices will always stay at the same location. This is because if a device changes device groups, any learning session records associated with that device will move and stay attached to that device in its new Device Group and not with the Device Group the device was in at the time the record was made).