Watch the Video
The Perform web portal is a platform for Administrators to manage courses/devices and view Learner performance. Open the portal in a web browser at promisevr.com. (Supported browsers are Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.)
There are three types of users: Admins, Instructors, and Learners
- Admins: have complete access to all classes and can manage devices, device groups, and all users within an organization.
- Instructors: can access the web portal and experiences, create classes, add and remove Learners and other Instructors, and view performance for learner groups and classes they can access.
- Learners: can access assigned classes and if they’ve been added to a class that has learner identification enabled. They will be able to login and see their performance data. They cannot create classes, invite other Learners, or see group performance.
We will discuss the following topics:
- Class & User Setup
- Device Management
- Performance Tracking
Class & User Setup
Select a class name to begin or select Add Class to create a new class.
- When adding a new class, first choose a module. The module menu is populated based on the modules available to your organization.
- Provide a class name which should make sense to both Learners and instructors. The class can be renamed at any time.
- When picking class names, we recommend including the experience title and considering the overall structure of your organization. For example, class names could be organized by location, event, or department.
Once the class is saved, you can open it and start adding Learners and other Instructors.
- Instructors can be added to any class.
- Enter individual email addresses or paste in multiple emails separated by commas.
- New users will get an email with a link to access the portal. Their status shows Invitation Sent until they have accessed the portal the first time.
- Click the kebab menu to the right of a user’s name and select Remove from class. Access is removed for both the immersive learning app and the portal. Users can be added again at any time.
- Admins can be added by anyone with Admin privileges.
- On the User Management pager, there is a Users section. Click Add Admin.
- Enter the Admin's email address and click Save.
Admins and Instructors will have the ability to create Learner Groups and associate Learners with one or more groups.
- Learner groups can be used to separate data by location, department, time frame, or cohort (e.g. HR Dept, Chicago Launch, Fall Semester 2023).
- Session data sent to Perform will now include the associated Learner Group, enabling custom analytics and a more comprehensive understanding of Learner performance. Org admins and instructors will be able to filter performance by user groups.
- “Device Management” and “User Management” links in the navigation menu will only be visible to org admins.
- User groups will be created on the “User Management” page.
- Org admins will be able to add users to one or more groups and filter performance by user groups.
- For Learners identifying themself with their email address after launching a module, Admins can add Learner email addresses in bulk.
Devices can be added to the Perform portal through two methods:
- Using perform to send a registration email to the user
- Doing it live with an Admin by entering a four-digit code directly into the portal
Adding Modules to Devices
Modules can either be assigned directly to Device Groups or directly to devices that are Ungrouped. It is generally better to assign devices to groups so that content downloads immediately. Content must be manually assigned to an ungrouped device after it is registered, which may require an app restart for content to begin downloading.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose the modules that should be added to the devices. Each module must be assigned individually.
- On the Device Management page, ungrouped devices and device groups will show the modules that are assigned to them.
- When editing a Device/Device Group, you can click on the kebab menu to the right of a module name and select “disable” if you would like to remove content with the option of easily adding it back later. Otherwise, content must be re-added from the module list if it is removed.
The Performance screen provides detailed metrics on the progress and performance of each class and Learner to help identify not only who is engaged and doing well, but more importantly identify who is struggling and where in the module they need help. Instructors can export detailed data in spreadsheet format.
Learner Level Tracking
Each Learner who entered a valid code or email address will have session data available in the export file available on the Performance analytics page in Perform. Be sure to apply the relevant module and Class filter settings in order for the export to show the data you are looking for. The export only shows the data represented by the filters on the Performance page.
Pushing Updates to Devices
When new configurations are made in Perform (e.g. new classes are made, new learners are added, or new content is assigned to devices), Administrators should make sure that devices connect to wifi any time a change is made. Connecting to wifi ensures that data is captured in the correct location.
How to reset a password
Visit promisevr.com and select the Forgot Your Password? link to reset your password.
What should I do if I want to track usage across locations?
Learner groups can be used to separate data by location, department, time frame, or cohort (e.g. HR Dept, Chicago Launch, Fall Semester 2023). Session data sent to Perform will include the associated Learner Group, enabling custom analytics and a more comprehensive understanding of Learner performance. Org admins and instructors will be able to filter performance by user groups.
How to remove users from learner groups
Click the icon to the right of a user’s name and select the Remove from learner group option. Access is removed for the immersive learning content and the user will appear as "ungrouped." Users can be added again at any time.
How to move users from one group to another
Remove the user from their current learner group, then add them to a new learner group. Or add them to the new learner group first, then remove them from the old learner group. Either order of operations has the same result. Users can be associated with multiple learner groups.
What happens to session data when learners are not in a learner group?
The session will show up on the analytics page but no email address will appear under "ungrouped" on the User Management page. Only Admins are able to create accounts for learners that they want categorized in the portal. However, we don’t want to prevent Learners from completing training on shared devices if they haven’t been added to the system, so their data will appear on the analytics page when the "ungrouped" box is checked.
What happens to session data when a learner moves into a different group?
Learner data stays with the learner group. If you move a Learner to a different learner group, the group they were in at the time of their session will still be shown on the analytics.
If a learner was categorized as "ungrouped" during the time of their session, but they’re moved to a group later, that session will show up in the “ungrouped” category in the analytics.
What the difference between a learner group and a device group?
Device groups are used to authorize content to one or more devices. Learner groups are ideal for a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) environment and group learner session data together for analytics purposes.
What happens if more than one class is active at a time?
If more than one class is active, the learner will be asked to choose which class their session should be assigned to.
What can an Admin do if a registration link goes to a learner's spam folder?
First, notify your IT department so that future emails from Promisevr.com are not sent to spam. In the meantime, use this workaround to send the learner a new link:
- Disable the registration link
- Re-register the new device with the learner's name but send the registration link to your own email address
- Check your inbox for the email sent from Promisevr.com. Send the learner the new link.
What headsets do Moth+Flame support?
We have created experiences for the following VR devices, though we can support additional devices. Please contact us directly to find out more about what offerings are compatible with each device type.
- Oculus Quest 2
- Oculus Quest Pro
- HTC Vive Focus 3
- Pico G2 4K S
Please sign in to leave a comment.