Account Set up
1 - Account Set up
- Getting Started with Meta Accounts
- Create an Oculus developer account
- Go here: Oculus Developer Center | Overview
- Sign-in to set up your Quest headset
- Scroll down and select the link to Create an Organization
- Enter the name of your organization (this can be anything)
- Select submit
- Agree to the terms of the agreement
- Enter a credit card or phone number for identity verification. There is no charge to be an Oculus developer, but Meta’s terms of service do require one of these pieces of information on file.
2 - Headset provisioning
- Label headsets and controllers (Company abbreviation + number)
- Follow in-headset steps to provision headset
- Download and open the Meta Quest app on your phone
- Select Menu
- Select Devices
- Select Connect to have the app search for your headset
- When the headset is connected, select Developer Mode under Headset Settings
- Toggle the developer mode switch to on
- Disable guardian inside headset (Settings → System → Developer → Guardian Off)
3 - Application Loading
- Load MDM to headset (if applicable)
- We suggest using an optional Mobile Device Manager (MDM) to easily manage a fleet of devices. MDMs allow remote and central management of devices and offer the ability to lock down the apps and settings that end-users can access. Our recommended MDM is ArborXR. For more information about the advantages of using an MDM, please contact your Customer Success Representative.
4 - Device Registration
- Create a device group within the organization
- Assign modules/content to device group
- Register and assign each headset to the device group
- Verify all modules are viewable inside headset
5 - Additional Notes
- Review Perform Portal Overview and Device Registration for device registration.
- Ensure developer mode is turned on - in the phone app for the device and the settings in the headset.
- When plugged into your computer, a pop-up appears in the left corner asking what would you like to do with this device. If you’re on a zoom call during setup, you may not see the pop-up and it will cause an error during the ArborXR connection.
- Set up stationary boundaries for all the devices.
Please sign in to leave a comment.